Heather Jasmine, the Educational Program Coordinator at the Office of Continuing...more
Kool Wheels Family Fun & Safety Day
When: Saturday, May 5, 2018 (10 am - Noon)
Where: Keene Recreation Center, 312 Washington Street
Join us for this great family event!
Bike helmets will be provided to children ages 4 to 12, which will be properly fitted to each child and given out free of charge while supplies last.
Children may bring their bikes to the event for a safety inspection and tune-up and participate in a bike safety course.
Other event highlights include face painting, art projects, healthy snacks, and a free raffle for a boy’s and girl’s bike.
Kiwanians at the recent Kool Wheels Bike Safety Day
Support Local Kids by Contributing to
Kiwanis 2018 Annual Fundraising Campaign
Kids need Kiwanis. Kiwanis Needs Your Support!
Checks can be made to: Keene Kiwanis Foundation
Please mail to: 63 Emerald Street, PMB 451, Keene, NH 03431
Keene Kiwanis Foundation is a 501(c) 3 organization
Why Join Kiwanis?
Three Great Reasons:
1. Service — Club activities provide opportunity for you to give back to the community, help the children of our community, and make Keene a better place to live.
2. Information — Club speakers cover a wide variety of subjects relevant to current events and our community (Speakers and topics from recent club meetings are listed in our News page.)
3. Social — Club membership provides an environment where individuals from varied backgrounds become acquainted. One of the meanings of "Kiwanis" is "We make noise and have a good time"
If you are interested in join our Club or are a visiting Kiwanian, please join us at our weekly meetings. They are held on Wednesdays at 7:30 AM at The Pub in Keene. If you would like information about speaking at our meetings, please contact our speaker coordinator, Susan Doyle.
Kiwanis Car Show - A Great Family Event!
On September 16, 2017, the Kiwanis Club of Keene hosted its 6th Annual Car Show at the American Legion on upper Court Street. 77 antique and classic cars, trucks, and motorcycles were on display and hundreds of spectators came by to vote for their favorite, listen to a DJ play music from the 50's and 60's, and have a tasty burger or dog grilled by Kiwanis Club members. And, since Kiwanis is all about the kids, a children's area offered facepainting, coloring, toys, balloons and much more.
Spectators placed votes for their favorite cars, and trophies were awarded to these winners:
- 1st Place: Eddie Schatz, 1950 Chevrolet Truck 3100 series
- 2nd place: Mitch Greenwald, 1966 Ford Thunderbird
- 3rd place: Barbara Coburn, 1956 T-Bird
- Oldest vehicle: Jack Little, 1929 Model A Ford
- Motor cycle: Joe Allsop, Harley Davidson 2016 Tri-glide
The Car Show is a fundraiser with the emphasis on fun and all the money raised will support the events and projects the Kiwanis Club of Keene hosts for the children and the community throughout the year.
Meeting Time: Every Wednesday at 7:30 AM
at The Pub Restaurant, 131 Winchester St., Keene
Mailing Address: 63 Emerald Street, PMB 451, Keene, NH 03431
Visit D'Angelo between February 18th to February 24th to enjoy a great sandwich...more
John Kondos, president of The Monadnock Sustainability Network (MSN), along...more
Dr. Melinda Treadwell, Interim President of Keene State College since July 2017,...more
We inducted another new member this Wednesday! Emily Pontbriant, who moved to...more
Ron Rzasa has often visited our meeting with his wife Marion, who has...more
Chris Coates, Chesire County Administrator and Cindy Rodenhauser Stewart, Director...more
Ten members of our club paired up for one hour shifts at Market Basket to ring...more
A group of Kiwanians and family members participated in a night of caroling...